Tuesday, October 20, 2009

where should I start???

Ok, well, I have been bad, once again...kind of, not really, but definitely...falling behind on my blog...I'm doing great with my Kindergarten class site. The parents are loving it. My principal loves it. I just stink when it comes to keeping up with my own two boys. So bad!!

Well, here's what's been going on since we last met....

Mom left to Australia to go help Polly with my new niece, Sienna. Have I posted a picture yet? NO! Now THAT is a horrible Aunt! ;) Here she is. Isn't she a doll?!!! I'm jealous Mom gets to see her. Oh, I can't wait to meet her! My nephew Austin seems to be a wonderful big brother. Can't you just see him taking care of her when all the boys come knocking at her door!? ;0










Well, Mom was sweet to come and see the boys and pick up some goodies we were sending to Sienna. I got some pictures of her with the boys before she left. They are on another computer right now - ugh!! I'll get them, though.


That same day we had another birthday party to join in on. The boys' friend, Scottie from daycare had his third birthday at -- Chuck E Cheese....kids on crack! What fun!







































After the party, we went to the neighborhood festival where the police and firemen had their trucks out. Derek loved the fire truck. Mommy did, too!


















At national neighborhood night out, we met up with some neighbors. We're starting to see more of each other since the boys are getting bigger and becoming friends with local kids. It's fun to see them interacting with other kids besides daycare kids. Derek needs to work on sharing - for sure! ;) But it's always nice to know he'll have someone his age to play with besides Max. Although, they did still seem to find one another ;)



































The following weekend, we went to San Antonio to celebrate Aunt Ann's 21st birthday again ;) We got some great family pictures. We had a wonderful dinner and look at the fabulous cake - it was delish!!! I think Derek enjoyed the pumpkin soup shots better ;)




















































































Well, Max FINALLY took his first steps on Tuesday, Oct. 13th. We were so excited. We got some of them on film. He's still preferring to crawl, but he's venturing out more and more each day. I'm sure he'll be going full throttle in no time ;)


Saturday was my birthday. Wouldn't you know it - I got another computer -- yup --- that would be more time on the internet, more time working at home for school, more time to maybe even -BLOG! ;) Actually, it's a netbook - one of those smaller computer laptops that is mainly for surfing the web and doing small documents. It's perfect. Thanks, honey! I think it's a ploy to distract me from the absence of my husband during football season, but hey...I love it, still ... hee hee we had a quiet night at home with my best friend and my in laws. Rach is taking me to see Dane Cook. I'm so excited!!! We had a yummy ice cream cake from Dairy Queen - oh gosh....I never knew the love affair chocolate and I could have ;) Of course, Derek decided the birthday cake and song were from him so he blew out the candles. Lol --- gotta love him!



































Well, that's it for now. I'm sure there's more to share, but I'll be back soon with more tales from these two monkeys ;)



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful family and I love this blog!
    I'm here to follow you thru MBC!

    ReplyDelete