Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Good Day, Mate!



Sorry for the long week off. As you can imagine, it was crazy last week with Chloe's Death. I sure miss her. But, life does go on, and I had to prepare for my trip. Max and I arrived safely this afternoon to Australia to see my sister, Polly. We had a blast. He was SUCH a good baby! I couldn't believe it. I landed and said to myself, "I could do this again!" And that was after 30+ hours of traveling. 4 and 5 hour layovers - poor guy, he was so tired!

Here are some pictures from our travel:




Here we are at LAX. We had four hours to burn, so we played around, did some shopping (water and suduko) and made some friends. He didn't fall asleep like I thought he would.








I requested a bassinet ahead of time (2 weeks + prior). Unfortunately, I couldn't find out until we got to the airport whether or not I got it. It was great. I had a small pillow for him to use when he slept on me. He lasted 6 hours in the bassinet. It was long enough for me to take a breather and nap/watch a movie/eat some snacks.









This was on the Qantas plane from LA to Auckland. He fell asleep around 1130 pm just as we were about to take off. They gave us a belt to put around his waist that looped through my seatbelt. And to think I almost went and PAID for a baby b'air. He's just strapped in like a big boy here because I was trying to get things down from the overhead bin.




Here we are in Auckland. This is just ONE of the bags I took. I looked like a turtle, according to my husband David because I was wearing a huge backpack with everything I was going to need and even things I didn't. Hey, better safe than sorry!








I thought this was great. The "nursery" had everything you would need. This was in the Auckland airport. It even had a microwave and sink to clean your bottles!








Here we are after being picked up. This was fun! However, Qantas lost our stroller! >( Oh, well, maybe we'll get a new one. The bad thing was - we borrowed it from Nana and Papa! Oh, Mama feels horrible! I hope it turns up!




We had to take a bath together for the "cousin shot."








After all was said and done, Max put on PJs and got in his night time "bag." This was so he would stay warm in the night. He didn't care for it much.






1 comment:

  1. wow! I am impressed you did that long of a flight w/ 2 kids! The longest I've done is 3 hours and I have never said after that that I could do it again - lol!!!

    ReplyDelete