Saturday, January 16, 2010

Hi, all!!!

Well, this year has been off to a great start. The boys are growing by leaps and bounds. Derek is talking so much more and Max is following in his footsteps. This week, Max's 4th tooth broke through. He now has three front teeth and a molar. So excited. He seems like such a little man.

I have been trying so hard to purge lately. I don't know what it is. It's almost that feeling of "nesting." You know - the kind you get when you're pregnant - only I PROMISE I'm not....sorry, Mom! ;) Anyway, after trying to gut the house (and even my classroom), I've started to think about what I really need....David and I finally got a new bedroom set. It's something we've been holding out on for such a long time. In preparing for the big move in --- we had to clean out our bedroom. I never realized how many little nick nacks we had lying around. Mom always told me, "There's a place for everything." You know, I think she was right - I always thought that place was under my bed growing up...lol...I would shove everything underneath and tell her, "I'm done cleaning." She was no dummy. She knew exactly what I had done.

So, now I am going through our closet, the toy room, laundry room, and boys' rooms. I thought for a moment - what if we had to suddenly move due to a change in jobs, or what if there was an emergency. Do I really need all this stuff??? And then, wouldn't you know -- that darn earthquake struck. I was in tears just seeing it all. I really hadn't sat down to see the news until this weekend. My husband David was a little shocked I hadn't seen much until now - I guess that's just how busy I've been...When I finally had a moment, I turned on the DVR, not the news - bad mommy....I need to keep informed. Anyway, I hate to hear of all that has happened, but I know that what I can do to help is to donate. There are others near us I'm sure we can help out with too, so I'm going to donate all the stuff we are cleaning out to a local charity. We'll need to make a monetary donation for the Haiti relief fund.

All of that said, some of my new year's resolutions consist of having more "Daddy and Mommy date nights." We are going to see Avatar in 3D tonight. whoo hoo --- okay, not really...for some reason, I have NO desire to see this movie. We rented public enemies today. I think Johnny Depp is more appealing than some blue people flying around....hmmm....maybe I'll change my mind soon.

The kiddos are with Nana and Papa tonight. Thanks, Nana and Papa! Tomorrow we'll dress them for the big Cowboys' game - Go Cowboys!!!!

Okay, I must run to get dressed. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!
I'll post pictures of the boys soon!!


No comments:

Post a Comment